cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up staright to voice mail extentions

dedube23
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up straight to voicemail extensions with Unity and call manager 3.2.2 . I have been trying this off and on again for 6 months and have never gotten it to work. Has any done and could you tell me the steps please.

Thanks

David

4 Replies 4

j.ayres
Level 1
Level 1

David,

If I understand what you want to do correctly then try this.

Create a CTI Route Point for each straight to voice mail DN and set it to CFA to Unity. Create subscribers in Unity with these DNs.

As the route points aren't registered to an application, CCM will carry out the CFA when that number is dialled.

This has worked for us in a number of different scenarios.

Regards,

Justin

ALright let me give you an idea of what Ihave set up so far.

I have set up direct answers line in unity in the 5XX dial scheme. Now I have added these numbers as CTI route points. Now in the CTI route points will the directory number be the same number as the line on the Unity box or will those be different. Also will I have to make any changes to the router patterns groups ETC. I have tested it with both diercet and call forwoard but it does not seem like call manager recognizes the pattern becaus it only sounds that annoying noise that means a dial pattern did not matcha nd its waiting for more input.

Thanks

Pabloduarte
Level 1
Level 1

Hello David,

I'm not to clear on what you are trying to accomplish.

Do you want to give certain users/subscribers that do not have phones voicemai?

Or do you want to be able to transfer a call directly into a users voicemail?

Here is an example of first question.

UserA==DN1000.

Create a CTI port and give it a description name like voice mail only.

add DN=1000.

Voicemail port should be 1000 as well.

Set Forward all calls to Voicemail #.

Use same partion and CSS as regular phone DN's

Now assuming that you added userA to unity with extension 1000 assigned to the user, you should get UserA voicemail when you dial 1000.

Now for question Two:

UserA== Dn1000 (User has a phone and rings before going to Voicemail)

UserB== gets a call and would like to transfer the call to userA voicemail without ringing his phone .

Config.

Add CTI port=

Add DN= *(star)1000

then make sure voicemail port is set to 1000 and not *1000

Forward all calls to voicemail number.

Now UserB needs only to dial *1000 to transfer a call directly into UserA Voicemail.

I hope this helps,

There may be many other ways to accomplish the last question objective, you could be as creative with partions ,CSS and routerpatterns .

But I found this way to be simple for users to memorize. Just teach them that a

* before the extension number forward calls direct to voicemail.

This method is very administrative intensive because you need to manage two devices per user.

Good Luck.

Pablo

CCampbell_2
Level 1
Level 1

This functionality was added w/ Service Pack D for 3.2.2. Go here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dea82.shtml