Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Setting Voice Mailbox Settings

Hi, one of our users goes through the process of setting up her voice mailbox. When she finishes setting up her password, recorded name, etc. the system says, "Sorry, this system is temporarily unable to complete your call..."<br><br>She can't dial in to retrieve her voice mail messages, but she can access them in Outlook.<br><br>What's up with this? I checked the port status monitor and all ports are idle when this happens.<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Setting Voice Mailbox Settings

Whenever Unity sends a caller to the fail safe conversation (the "I'm sorry, I can't talk to you now...") we log an error in the Application event log (sometimes several). Call in, make this happen and check the log for an entry. It will normally give you a decent clue as to what's failing.

If it's just happening for one particular user, I'm guessing this has something to do with a property in their Exchnage mailbox not being set or available for some reason or another and we can't gain access to their message store. That's just a guess, however, without log info to go on.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Views
Helpful
Replies