cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting volume for MOH

cliff
Level 1
Level 1

We have set up MOH, but the volume is too low. Does anyone know how to turn the volume up on the audio stream?

3 Replies 3

John
Level 1
Level 1

You can adjust the moh level in the gateway router for external calls. go into the voice-port section and look at the command music-threshold and play with the settings. Hope this helps. Internal moh i'm not sure about.

Ok....I need to adjust both. But, when I go into the voice port section on the call manager I don't see anything remotely resembling a Music Threshold. Do I misunderstand here?

What are you using as the music on hold source? A fixed audio feed coming into a sound card, or a wav file?

If it's a fixed audio source, you can open volume control on the MOH server and adjust the volume for the port you have it plugged into.

If it's a wav file, and it sounds too quiet both on internal and external devices, then it's the volume on the original file itself. You need to either get another wav file you want to use that is loud enough, or use an audio file editing application and make sure that the volume is loud enough. You may need to try this more than once to get the desired volume. Just put them in the C:\Cisco\DropMOHAudioSourceFilesHere directory, then after a minute or two you should be able to configure these files as audio sources.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_1/sys_ad/3_1_2/ccmsys/a05moh.htm#33143