Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SETUP with no SENDING COMPLETE IE

Hi,

I have some problem with cisco as5300/as5350 (IOS 12.3 <16> in order of the Setup of a h.323 call. When a setup message with a SENDING COMPLETE IE is received the Cisco gw sends the call proceeding to the other side and all works fine; when there is no SENDING COMPLETE IE in the received Setup message, It sends a SETUP Acknowledge message and after a timeout (about 20 sec) the call fails.

How can I fix this issue? Thanks in advance Giuseppe

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: SETUP with no SENDING COMPLETE IE

Sounds like overlap sending is enabled for the calls that are failing. In this case the GW sends a Setup Ack indicating it has received the Setup message and is awaiting further Information messages to complete the Call Party Number.

Need to determine why the originating device is using overlap sending if this is not desired.

Kevin

Re: SETUP with no SENDING COMPLETE IE

first of all thanks and HAPPY 2006!

The originating side can use only overlap so it seems that we have to resolve this problem on our gw; I was thinking something about a way to set a timeout after that the gw consider the information of the called party number complete or a way to set a fixed number of digit for the called number. Can you suggest me something? Thanks , Giuseppe

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content