Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

setvolume

Can setvolume be done in business hour?Is there any impact to the users who are on the phone?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: setvolume

Well, there shouldn't be any direct impact in that the wav files for greetings and voice names can be adjusted on the fly without causing problems - however it DOES chew up the CPU a bit while it's doing this which could impact the system. If you can run it during off peak hours I would.

I am seeing AGCgainthreshold is 40 instead of 5 Cisco recommeneded value. Is it necessary for me to change that before I run setvolume?

Cisco Employee

Set volume will give you an opportunity to set all the AGC values appropriately before running it (at the bottom of the main form). I'd reccomend setting them at the reccomended values before doing anything and I also reccomend using it's built in backup option before changing the greetings and voice names.

Do I need reboot the UNity if change those values? Because I find also I can use advanced techtool to adjust these values in the registry, which apparently needs a reboot in the instruction.

By the way are you aware that we can tune up dialogistic card to adjust volume? Here is the link which indicates the solution, though it's for 2.46.Mine is 3.14 upgraded from 3.13.Could you take a look?Thanks

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/UnityQuietParameter.html.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.