Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Share adressbook

Hello,

Following situation here.. In our callmanager we have a public telephonedirectory and some users want to have there own adressbook. I know this can be done with IP Phone services (personal adressbook) but they wanna share there adressbooks with eachother. Is this possible? Or has anybody documentation howto develop something like this (XML)?

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Share adressbook

I don't think you can share your address books.

you can share your address book. What you have to do is create a global user in CCM. Login to CCM User with that created user and start creating contacts. Then have all the user's who will be sharing this PAB Sync using Cisco IP Phone Address Book Synchronizer.

Hi...

can you give us more details plz

thanx

Bronze

To create a shared personal address book create a new IP Phone service with a different title such as "shared address book" and use the same URL as the "real" personal address book. Then create a ccmuser named "shared" and have everyone who wants access to the shared personal address book add the service using the username and pin of the shared user.

Thanks alot for you reply.

It’s a good workaround, but I don’t think its that much of a practical solution specially with extension mobility.

Im really interested with synchronizing the address books

Thanx again

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content