cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared Line Appearances with SoftPhones

jmujica
Level 1
Level 1

Probably a silly question but can I have multiple IP Softphone sharing the same line appearance? I know we can have a shared line appearance between an IP Phone and an IP Softphone but can we have the same between two or more IP Softphones? if so how?

TIA,

-Jose

3 Replies 3

teid
Level 1
Level 1

You basically build two or more separate softphones and then assign the same extension to both/all of them. It works fine.

Tony.

Tony,

I tried that already and it didn't work. Probably I left something behind. For example I add a CTI PORT with a DN 2000 and I assigned that extension to 2 softphone users. When one user logs into the softphone the extension appears fine but when the other tries to log into his/her softphone with the same extension number it get an error saying Cannot Open .....

Do i need to create to different CTI Ports but with the Same DN number and assign one to each user or just one CTI Port assigned to both users?

I'm writting you from home and I don't have access to the CCM but tomorrow I will try to create separate CTI Ports with the same DN and I think it should work that way..

TIA,

-Jose

Try a second CTI Port. Only one device (Softphone) can use a CTI Port at a time.