cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared Line Appearances

walshda
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to give user's the ability to see when another user (their boss) is on the line, but that’s it? Right now it is setup so that the users have a duplicate of their boss's line. The people with the shared line get their boss's missed calls in their directory as well and the "you have voicemail" on the screen confuses them.

Is there any way to make it just a "are they on the line"?

[edit] 7940 phones. call manager 3.2

5 Replies 5

rbewlay
Level 1
Level 1

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

We are currently developing an app with/for Cisco that will provide the exact functionality you are looking for. It is intended for CM 3.2, but may also work for CM 3.1.

This is a feature that has been needed for quite some time, and our app is nearing completion (currently it's in the testing phase).

If you would like more information you could contact "brian.day@us.logical.com"

rmullins
Level 1
Level 1

With 3.2, if you upgrade your phone loads on the 7940/7960s to P00303020300 on a shared line, to the left side of the display it will actually show the number/name that the other phone is talking to on that line. Hope that helps.

I tried to do the same and upgraded the Firmaware to P00303020700 but my phone will not register to Call manager any more. Than i degraded the Firmware back to P00303020209. But now it doesn ot register any more. I deleted the phone and readded no luck. Any idea.

unlock the phone configuration, restore to default configuration and allow to re-register and upgrade to the new software load.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: