Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Shared Line Current and Incoming Call Display

With a previous version of CallManager, 4.0.1 we had the following functionality:

Shared line appearance between manager and assistant, extension 1000 (max calls 4, busy trigger 2)

Manager is on line 1000 and a second call comes in

Assistant can see the call coming in AND THE CURRENT CALL INFORMATION that the manager is on.

After upgrading to 4.0(2a) SR B, the assistant can only see the call coming in.

The motivation for having this functionality is that the assistant can tell the caller that the manager is currently on the other line when the call comes in (with out watching the phone prior to the call coming in).

How can we get this functionality back?

BTW we did try using the previous phone load as well as T021.

3 REPLIES

Re: Shared Line Current and Incoming Call Display

It sounds like your running into the privacy function. If you want to revert to the old functionality you can set the privacy value to false in service parameters->ccm

Justin,

Right on. Thanks.

It appears that the default setting for privacy changed during the upgrade.

Hi,

could you please help & advise with the below problem. Many thanks

I have a cisco 7940 ip phone set up for ipma manager/assistant console which worked fine. However, the phone has lost the IPMA Status Window so now I cannot switch on/off Assistant Watch. I could not find anything on cisco.com to help me get this back on the phone display.

Also the Assistant Console displays an icon of a phone with a "?" which means "The status of the line is unknown". this may well be related to the above issue.

Thanks for your help. this is an urgent one!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content