Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Shared Line Privacy

I know that I may be beating a dead horse here, but I am getting quite a large pushback from my management on why you can't restrict incomming CLID/CNID on a line-per-line basis. We have several people at our site that currently monitor each others lines. Using a 7194, we can mimic this setup and turn off ringing, but it then becomes a privacy issue where people "Don't want the other 8 people with their shared line to see how many times their spouse called, business associate, etc."

I have heard rumors that this will be addressed in CCM 4.0, I know that even in past versions of CCM CLID/CNID was only supported on the primary shared line. We have tried Ready Room from Berbee and it has ALOT to be desired and is cumbersome just to see line states. PC applications are not really a option when it comes to adminsitors that we have.

Does anyone have any take on this, comments, or inside knowledge of how they are achieving this at their company?

Thanks,

Matt

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Shared Line Privacy

I think you have a lot of inputs on this issue. May be you have to wait untill CCM 4.0 is released.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content