Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Shared Line Snafu

I have a group of users that really need to see if a person is on the phone so we set them up with a sidecar and shared line appearances. We turned off the ringing on those lines so that each users phone doesn't ring for each line that gets a call but they still get the LCD display when the calls come in or even worse when someone transfers a call. It's creating a bit of confusion as to whom the call is intended b/c they aren't looking at the line that's blinking.

Does anyone know a way to turn off the LCD display of call information on shared lines? Or possibly a way to show phone on hook/off hook status on the phone rather than using PC based console software or shared lines?

Thanks!

david

5 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Shared Line Snafu

I have been trying to get this as well for quite some time. I have many users with a similar problem! It would be nice to get this in some future release of CCM.

If anyone has a workaround - please share it! Thanks!

Community Member

There is currently no way to map a phone button as a DN status only indicator.

There are XML apps which can give you on-display status of selected DNs. Berbee's product is "ReadyRoom" and VanillaWare's is "Who's In".

I have also had several requests for the same functionality since the feature is available in many legacy PBXs.

Community Member

Thanks for the app suggestions... I'm assuming then that these are services??

Cisco Employee

This is currently not possible with CCM and shared lines. You do have an alternative of running Attendant Console on the user PC. The "directory" section of AC displays the "prime line" of each user and the onhook/offhook status.

Community Member

Thanks Wesley, unfortunately software solutions that run on the PC are not an option. Since this is one of the most basic PBX functions our users that have business needs for this are converting are not in the least receptive to a solution that requires an application run on their computer screen.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content