cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared Line

MJefferson
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to make a shared line available to multiple calls on CCM 3.0(10)? If not do you know if 3.1 has this capability?

4 Replies 4

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Let me make sure I know what you are asking.

Phone A has a line 1234

Phone B has a line 1234

Phone A is talking on line 1234. Now Phone B wants to use line 1234 also.

---

If that is what you are asking, the answer is no. While one of the phones with the shared line starts handling an active call on that shared line, the line becomes unavailable to other devices sharing it.

What you can do is configure multiple shared lines so that phones with these shared lines will each be able to use the shared line appearances.

That's what I thought.

Do you know if it is the same in 3.1? If so is there any plan to allow multiple calls to a shared line?

Other than utilizing conferencing the "old" party lines are a thing of the past.

I am on 3.0 and am alittle reluctant to upgrade until I cluster CM1.

Yes it's the same in 3.1.

I am pretty sure that if we are ever able to do this it will be no earlier than well into next year. I know this has been talked about but the implications are very tricky. I would not plan on this anytime soon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: