Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Shared Lines/Status

We're a somewhat small shop (65 phones) using CCM/Unity. We have a manager/assistant setup using shared lines on the assistant phones, and have been using Cisco for a year now. I seem to remember when we first deployed the system, the assistants could not only see that a manager was using his/her phone, but also see the number that was called or called in. This was extremely useful as that information would remain if a second call came in on the same line (call waiting). This is no longer the case, and I'm hoping there is a way to restore it. Now, a shared line will still show whether it is in use or not, but assistants can no longer see the information behind the call, and if a new call comes in on the same line, that new call overides the status of the line and the current call information is not being displayed (and as far as I know has not been marked private). This can be frustrating as the assistants are not always looking at their phone prior to a call moning in to see what the manager's status is.

Is there a way to restore the original functionality? I am thinking that when we installed the latest phone loads, that caused this problem (but solved a few others we were having).

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Cisco Employee

Re: Shared Lines/Status

I do not recall shared lines working the way you explain here even in older firmwear. You see a blinking "X" on the shared line, but no DN is displayed. Now, if you check directories _after_ the call is hung up, you will be the number that was called. But you cannot know what number was called for a call in progress..

Have you explored the option of using IPMA. It gives more features and I think it comes default with CCM. You have to make some config changes.

Sorry if I am not being of much help here.

CreatePlease to create content