cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared Lines

ecclescf
Level 1
Level 1

I have 15 phones (7940's) with a shared line across them all. On an incoming call when it is answered there is an approx delay of 5-6secs before the speech path is through.

If I lower the number of devices to 6 then all is OK.

We have know set up a hunt group to sort out the problem, but I would like to know if there is a limitation to the number of devices using a shared line?

This is on CCM4.1(3).

Any info appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

4 Replies 4

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

There are some restrictions with share-line.

One assistant can support up to 33 managers simultaneously (if the managers have one IPMA-controlled line each).

One manager can have up to 10 assistants.

Cisco IPMA does not support hunt groups/queues.

Cisco IPMA does not support record and monitoring.

Cisco IPMA does not support onhook transfer (the ability to transfer a call by pressing the Transfer softkey and going onhook to complete the transfer).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3ad2.html

Make sure that the shared DN line configuration on all 15 phones are identical. If they are different that may cause an issue.

jamessohotha
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same issue and same CCM version 4.1(3)

Seems to happen when you have 12+ phones sharing a line. We had to give our users the option of removing the shared lines and going to a broadcast hunt group and call parking but they tend to be reluctant to do this (prefer to push the line buttons).

Possible call processing issue with this version but cant find any listed cisco bugs.