Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Shorter ring tone when calling from outside the system

After upgrading to CM 3.2.2c spH the outside ring tones are shorter and consequently the calling party hears more rings. The ring tones are longer in duration when calling IP phone to IP phone. Changing phone loads has not fixed the issue and I cannot find any CM service parameters that will change the situation. SP Forward No Answer Timeout is set to 23. I cannot find a service parameter that changes the way ringback is played to someone calling into the system. Has anyone run into this issue? Any ideas?

2 REPLIES

Re: Shorter ring tone when calling from outside the system

Check your gateway and make sure it is in the correct local USA not UK. this would cause this.

Re: Shorter ring tone when calling from outside the system

The device pool that the gateway is in is already set with the US network and user locale. I tried changing the MGCPNetworkLocationOffNet & MGCPNetworkLocationOffNetforE1T1 parameters, but these settings only change the way the IP phone rings, not how caller outside the system hears the phone ring. Any other ideas?

Views
Helpful
Replies