Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Sign-in and Greetings

CM 3.12(2c), Unity 2.4.6.126, TSP 3.0(4)<br><br>My Issues:<br>Calls from a subscriber to Unity will not play Sign-In (the Opening Greeting is played).<br><br>Calls from an IP Phone to IP Phone after ring no answer will not play subscribers greeting (The Opening Greeting is played).<br><br>Things I've checked:<br>CM traces show proper calling DN, called DN, voicemail DN, etc.<br><br>CM Calling Search Spaces and Partitions OK.<br><br>ServiceParamers - Voicemail, MWI On, MWI Off, all okay<br><br>TSP tests successfully.<br><br>Switch Type is Cisco, 2.4 or above.<br><br>Unity StatusMonitor shows AttemptSignIn, PHTransfer, PHGreeting<br><br>Routing rules all On:<br>Direct Calls-Live Record, Attempt Sign-In, Default CallHandler<br>Forwarded Calls-Attempt Forward to Greeting,Default CallHandlers<br><br>I may still manually sign-in via "*" at the Opening Greeting.<br><br>HELP!!<br><br><br><br>Brian Carscadden<br>SE Manager/Sr. System Engineer<br>CCNA, CCDA, CIPT, MCP<br>TransNet Corporation<br>908 253-0500

4 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Sign-in and Greetings

Your switch type should be CallManager 3.0 or later and integration method = TAPI. I think the 2.4 integration method = Serial. If the integration method does not match the key integration value Unity will cripple the integration. i.e. key integration value = TAPI but switch integration method = Serial. If they say the same thing it should be all good.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

I'm not on site right now - but I'll check. How can I change this if the integration type is incorrect? I do recall something like Callmanager 2.4 and above, TAPI, but one option (the last one listed) was "Serial".

Thanks in advance.

Brian Carscadden
SE Manager/Sr. System Engineer
CCNA, CCDA, CIPT, MCP
TransNet Corporation
908 253-0500

Gold

Use the 'Edit Switch Utility' in Start -> Programs - > Unity. Then reboot.

Was this ever working or is this a new install?

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

This was a new install, though not by me. I'm just the lucky one that has to get it working.

I tried the Edit Switch Utility. I chose Cisco>CallManager>Version 3.01 or Later, but the Integration Method is blank/there's nothing to select. I tried Update Voicemail anyhow, but it says "Unable to Update Voicemail".

Brian Carscadden
SE Manager/Sr. System Engineer
CCNA, CCDA, CIPT, MCP
TransNet Corporation
908 253-0500

Views
Helpful
Replies