Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Silence During Call Transfer

Unity 2.4.6. We have noticed when calls are transferred from the attendant, a long period of silence. The users phone is ringing but the caller does not hear the ringing. This results in callers thinking they've been disconnected and hanging up. Has anyone encountered this and found a workaround?<br><br>Thanks!<br>Bill Gutschow<br>Curbell Inc.<br>Orchard Park, NY<br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Silence During Call Transfer

When you mentioned "attendant" is that the Unity auto-attendant? If it is Unity auto-attendant, what type of transfer is it: supervised? release? What type of switch is Unity connected to?

It is Unity Auto-attendant, connected to Cisco Call Manager,
Transfer is Release.

Anonymous
N/A

I am going to take a wild guess and say that the callers that think they are getting disconnected are callers from the PSTN. Is that correct?

If that is the case, there might be some gateway configuration that needs to be looked at. Depending upon your familiarality and accessablility to the gateway, I'll likely suggest a call into TAC.

You might want to run these tests first:

1. Direct an outside call directly to an IP phone instead of Unity. Answer that phone and perform a release transfer to another phone. Does the outside caller hear ring back in this case? If not, it is most likely a gateway configuration issue.

2. Have another IP phone user call into Unity and exit the sub-sign in prompt (if they are a subscriber). At the opening greeting, have them transfer to the same subscriber you transfered to in test 1. Do they hear ring back? If they hear it here, then CCM and Unity are configured properly and the issue points back to the gateway.

A little history here...The "switch" is always responsible for what callers are going to hear when Unity does transfers. Unity has no capability of providing any "noise" for that caller to hear. Typically the "switch" will provide ring back when the transfer is a release type and the "switch" will provide music on hold or a courtesy tone when the transfer type is supervised.

I write switch like "switch" because in your scenario, the transfer doesn't happen in one piece of equipment like a traditional PBX, but rather a system of different pieces.

Per a Cisco TAC Engineer:

The problem you are seeing when calling from the PSTN is documented in 2
bugs: CSCds11354 and CSCds87266. There are 2 bugs because we needed to fix
the CallManager and the IOS in order to get this functionality. The CM bug
has been fixed, but the IOS bug is still unresolved. I have been told that
this may be fixed by the time 3.0(10) comes out.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content