cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple failover

ajones
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I did get simple failover to work with unity 2.4.5.73 and call manager 3.06.. and working pretty good.. just a couple things are after being up for approx 8 to 10 hours the opening greeting that I recorded over and an new greeting that I did got swithch back to the default and went to voice mail..the database on both were the same I checked them all the way up until I left that night but by morning it was bad again...<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

If I had to guess there's a problem with the file replication configuration (but that's just a guess).

Possibly the STM file (greeting stream file) from the backup box is getting replicated over the new STM you recorded for the opening greeting on the primary box.

There are hundreds (literally) of articles in the MSDN on problems with the NT file replication process on various service packs. Win2K seems to be a bit cleaner (or maybe because it hasn't been out as long there haven't been as many problem reports I suppose).

Unfortunately I'm not an expert in the file replication process for NT/Win2K so I can't offer much more than poking around in MSDN for you in the way of help in tracking down the problem.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg