Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

Simple idle service - host not found

I am writing a simple idle screen service and am having an issue. After 10 seconds it opens the service. I have a header refresh so the page will refresh every 10 seconds because it displays some real time metrics. On IP Communicator it works fine. On my 7960 SCCP phone the page comes up fine initially but when it tries to refresh it displays "Host not found" and then sometimes "HTTP Error [12]". I have upgraded to the latest firmware on the phone. The service is hosted on a server outside of the CallManager servers and DNS resolves fine (especially since it opens up the first time, just doesn't refresh). I did see a post stating something about port 8080 if extension mobility is enabled but didn't quite understand how that would relate especially since it works fine on IP Communicator. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Simple idle service - host not found

Two things... one.. expires -1 only seems to work with IIS. At least with Java, I do have to write an actual timestamp (which is right now or earlier than right now).. IIS automatically replaces that (at least in ASP scripts).

Second.. I found that for refresh I needed to not only provide the refresh interval, but also the refresh url.

The browser inside the IPC might be smarter than the one on the phone and can handle it but the phone's browser cannot (especially since you have an old phone).

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Simple idle service - host not found

In enterprise parameter, try to use ip address of call manager instead of hostname and also in URL for idle screen,

then restart the www service

New Member

Re: Simple idle service - host not found

I am doing this on a single phone, not at the enterprise level until I get this bug fixed. Like I said before, the app is hosted on another server. I did try configuring the website to be accessible by the hostname and by the IP address. I also allowed port 8080 just in case that did have something to do with it. I changed the phone to use the IP address also and reset it but I am still seeing the same issue.

The script looks like the following (I have dumbed it down for testing and still see the issue):

Re: Simple idle service - host not found

Two things... one.. expires -1 only seems to work with IIS. At least with Java, I do have to write an actual timestamp (which is right now or earlier than right now).. IIS automatically replaces that (at least in ASP scripts).

Second.. I found that for refresh I needed to not only provide the refresh interval, but also the refresh url.

The browser inside the IPC might be smarter than the one on the phone and can handle it but the phone's browser cannot (especially since you have an old phone).

New Member

Re: Simple idle service - host not found

Adding the URL to the header refresh worked perfectly! Thank you so much!

1478
Views
0
Helpful
4
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content