cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single 'beep' when going into voicemail

j_scheffler
Level 1
Level 1

I have had a few users experience this same problem in the past week. When a user, with voicemail, presses the 'messages' button on their phone, they hear a single beep, then nothing. If the user, or anyone, attempts to retrieve messages from that users mailbox by pressing messages, *, extension, they get the single beep as well. Normal transfers into voicemail work just fine however, so the user is getting messages, just not getting

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which Unity version is this? what's the back end?

Are there any errors/warnings in the applicaiton event log when you experience this? That'd be the first place to check for problems along these lines...

We are using Unity 3.0 Build 3.01 with Call Manager 3.2(2c) on the backend. I do not see any errors in the App or System event logs.

hmmm... that's pretty odd, I don't recall any Unity related issues along these lines. So they call into the auto attendnat, hear the opening greeting, dial *, hear the prompt to enter their ID, enter it, hear the prompt to enter their PW, enter it and then a beep follow by nothing... does it hang up on them or just stay in that silence mode?

I guess the next thing to do is to see what's showing up in the StatusMonitor.exe when you're signing into one of these mailboxes. You can find this app under \commserver\techtools - run it and monitor all the ports, then watch when you dial into the system and sign in and copy the output from the port you hit - it should show the states the system is going through and the conversations being spawned as you log into the mailbox (or try to).

It sounds like Unity thinks the call is a forwarded call. And, a forwarded call to a call handler or subscriber that has a blank greeting, and the action after the greeting is "take message". I've come up with such a goofy theory only because there aren't any errors in the event log when this happens.

Got any custom routing rules on the system?

As with Jeff's suggestion of the StatusMonitor.exe, I'd make sure that the "Monitor settings when started" has "Application", "Display" and "Conversation" selected.