Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Button to Conference

I am trying to develop a phone service to conference in a fixed number. Assuming the user is already on the phone, he selects the service and the service dials the number. As the line is already in use - a page pops up asking how to handle the call. The user is then require to select conference (menu item 3) and then select the softkey confrn to join the fix party into the conference.

I have a XML that can dial the fixed conference party. But can I also automate the conference part of it - without the user needing to press the conference options.

XML as below

<CiscoIPPhoneMenu>

<Title>Conference</Title>

<MenuItem>

<Name>Conference</Name>

<URL>Dial:2003</URL>

</MenuItem>

</CiscoIPPhoneMenu>

3 REPLIES

Re: Single Button to Conference

There's a way to set up conferences programmatically.. but that's a typical CTI scenario so you need a CTI framework (TAPI / JTAPI) to do it.

There is an easier way. Instead of using JTAPI/TAPI, you can do that by pushing HTTP CIPExecute object to all the participants and using RTPRx and RTPTx commands.

There is a product out there call PhoneTop Messenger that has a really slick audio paging, ad-hoc confernce and text messaging for Cisco CallManager.

Well, that's no real conference.. you can't have multiple people talking at the same time (not that you'd want.. but a conference generally involves mixing all audio streams together) with the RTP commands.. even when using multicast if multiple phones transmit multicast to the same address, those streams won't be mixed together.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content