Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Single Line Set Replacement Options

I have a site that has about two hundred single line sets that we are looking to convert to IPT. A couple of questions have surfaced about comparable Cisco telephone solutions:

Does the 7911 support multiple calls on the single DN?

Does the VG224 support stutter dial tone for MWI?

Can a VG224 be used to light MWI lamps on existing 2500 type telephones?

Thanks for any feedback!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Single Line Set Replacement Options

Hi Steven,

It would help if I could read! My bad. As for the VG224, I have never used them but did come up with this info that they do support stuttered dial tone for MWI;

Audible Message-Waiting Indication (AMWI) - User picks up handset and hears message waiting indication tone whenever a new voice message is waiting to be heard.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/products_feature_guide09186a0080483a76.html#wp1178205

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Steven,

Here are some answers and links for your questions;

Multiple Calls per Line Appearance (7911) - Up to 6 (SCCP)

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00806b80ef.html

Choosing Message Waiting Indicator Type

The VG248 supports several types of methods for sending MWI messages to analog phones. Because you might have different types of analog phones connected to the VG248, you can modify the MWI type on a per-port basis. So, if you have some analog phones that have MWI lamps on them, you can notify users of awaiting messages using the lamp. Or, you can choose to play a tone when users pick up their phones.

Keep in mind that the VG248 only sends this information to the phones if it is received from Cisco CallManager. If Cisco CallManager is not integrated with your voice mail system, it does not send this information to the VG248.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 From the main menu, choose Configure.

Step 2 Choose Telephony.

Step 3 Choose Port specific parameters.

Step 4 Use the arrow keys to select the port to configure and press Enter.

Step 5 Choose MWI type.

Step 6 Choose from the following options:

Lamp illuminates lamp on phone

Caller ID uses caller ID mechanism to send MWI messages to the LCD screen on phone

Stutter plays tones when user picks up the phone

Lamp + stutter illuminates lamp and plays tone

Caller ID + stutter sends message to LCD screen and plays tone

None does not send MWI information

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps2250/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080087de4.html#xtocid13

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks! How about MWI options for a VG224 users though? I could not find much on it or if it is an option.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Steven,

It would help if I could read! My bad. As for the VG224, I have never used them but did come up with this info that they do support stuttered dial tone for MWI;

Audible Message-Waiting Indication (AMWI) - User picks up handset and hears message waiting indication tone whenever a new voice message is waiting to be heard.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/products_feature_guide09186a0080483a76.html#wp1178205

Hope this helps!

Rob

Can anyone tell me if AMWI (aka Stutter Tone) is available via MGCP-Controlled VG224 gateways?

Views
Helpful
Replies