Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Single site setup not working

Hi

I am new to IPT, but doing an installation on some customer site for CCM 4.1. I installed CCM server on MCS. Now when i connect ccm server on a switch and connect 3-4 phones to the same switch having no vlans then i am able to call from all the phones to each other. But when i put ccm on a server vlan on the exsting infrastructure, and put phones on different vlans then i hear ringing tone in the phone but at other phone no ring. Phones are able to ping each other and whole ip is opened rather than some ports. And i can see phones registering in call manager.

There is also a pix on which there are 2 DMZ zones. On one zone there are 5 vlans, in which there is a serevr vlan and other are user vlans, On second zone there are only user vlans, so i have put phones on both the zones and opened the whole ip on firewall and connectivity is thru, but still not able to call from phones to phones.

Regards

2 REPLIES

Re: Single site setup not working

Using a firewall to route between subnets and especially routing voice traffic (rtp and signalling) can create problems, as many ports need to be opened. I would like to take a look at your firewall configs to ensure that all ports are opened.

Also refer to

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps5820/c1693/ccmigration_09186a0080536eae.pdf

Re: Single site setup not working

Hi

At least the vlans which are on a single zone should be able to dial if we assume that its a firewall issue. Moreover i have opened whole ip inspite of specific ports, so no question of any packet either signalling or voice traffic dropped.

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies