Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Sip Connection from Callmanager to ViaTalk VOIP Provider

I am trying to configure a connection from our callmanager servers to the voip provider ViaTalk. I based our router config off the following via talk example http://support.viatalk.com/index.php?_a=knowledgebase&_j=questiondetails&_i=125

however since it was for callmanager express and not full callmanager something is just not working right, as if I try to make a call after about 2 or 3 seconds after dialing on my IP phone the call just hangs up with no tone or anything, the only thing out of the ordinary in a debug voip ccapi inout is a null transfer pattern, I'm not sure what to make of that, my sip related config is below, let me know if you have any suggestions. A show sip reg status shows the following:

Line peer expires(sec) registered

============ ============= ============ ===========

12086399505 208 1359 yes

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^2.../ /13035551212/

!

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /^91(..........$)/ /11/

rule 2 /^9(..........$)/ /11/

rule 3 /^9011($)/ /0111/

rule 4 /^9(.11)/ /1/

voice translation-profile SIP

translate calling 1

translate called 2

dial-peer voice 5 voip

translation-profile outgoing SIP

destination-pattern 91[2-9].........

session protocol sipv2

session target dns:639.208.1.switch.vtnoc.net

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

codec g711ulaw

dial-peer voice 208 pots

destination-pattern 12086399505

port 2/0:23

authentication username xxxxx password ***********

!

sip-ua

authentication username xxxxx password ********

no remote-party-id

retry register 10

registrar dns:639.208.1.switch.vtnoc.net expires 3600

sip-server dns:639.208.1.switch.vtnoc.net

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Sip Connection from Callmanager to ViaTalk VOIP Provider

If you are using the CCM to make a SIP trunk to the remote server, you should configure the dial pattern in the CCM itself and point it to the sip trunk. Why is a router involved?

The only reason the router is involved is that my VOIP SIP provider requires username/password authentication to their SIP Server and as far as I know SIP trunks even in the latest callmanager server do not provide a method to authenticate SIP trunking. I would much rather be able to just setup CCM to connect directly, I just don't think it is possible.

Shouldn't \1 be used. For example if 911234123412 is dialled you want to translate it to 11234123412 which is 1\1 where \1 matches the (..........)?

For example change this

rule 1 /^91(..........$)/ /11/

to this: rule 1 /^91(..........$)/ /1\1/

That translation pattern actually turned out to be ok, the main problem turned out that my IP phones were all set to G.729, the provider only accepted G.711 and I forgot to change the MTP to G.711 and thus the calls were trying to go to the provider at G.729 which they did not support.

Views
Helpful
Replies