Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SIP support for 7940

I have 7940G phones, does this phone have by default support for SIP or I have to upgrade its software, if upgrade is required what is the procedure to upgrade it.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES

Re: SIP support for 7940

A firmware change will be required to support SIP. Please see the link below for the process.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094584.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Thanks,

Brandon

SIP firmware has been loaded to 7940 and registered with a third party SIP proxy server, after upgradation its configuration is locked and I cant't change the network configuration. To unlock the configuration it is asking for password, is there any default password for it or there is any method of password recovery.

Thanks

Default password for a SIP firmware is "cisco". You go to "Settings", and the last item in the menu is "Unlock configuration". After you enter the password, you will be able to make changes.

Good luck,

Mike

www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.