Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIP Trunk error, Warning: 399 "Unable to find a device handler

Hi Guys,

I am new at this, but I am having some issues with connectivity over a SIP Trunk. By the way I am not sure if this is the right area to post this, but here we go. I have two CUCM 8.x cluster and I have a SIP trunk that connectes them both, at each end I have a Cisco 2900 series gateway with MGCP protocol. When I make an inbound call " lets say from side A to side B it failed", in the CCM trace I can see the following error " Warning: 399 Unable to find device handler for the request received on port 5060 from".

I would appreciate some help on this, I am not sure what to look for......

4 REPLIES

Re: SIP Trunk error, Warning: 399 "Unable to find a device handl

Hi,

For testing reasons can you do the following

Create a callmanager group that contains all the nodes in the cluster. Then create a device pool with this callmanager group and assign this device pool to the SIP trunks.

Do this on both cluster.

Reset the trunks and see if you still have ny problems.

Thanks!

Christos

Thanks for your response Christos, I will try that and give you an update........

As a side note Christos, the only area where we are using the SIP protocol is on the Trunk between the the two clusters,the phones are SCCP. Also if I make a ONnet call from side A to side B it works no problem. Only when a call is made from the PSTN we have failure..

Hi Christos,

Our customer decided to go another route instad of the callmanager group with the device pool. He chooses to go with using the DNS SRV record according to the example in the CUCM7 SRND,Call Flow for Intercluster SIP Trunk Using DNS SRV. We are in the process of configuring that now and we will see if that works.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content