Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Skipping voice recording

Any ideas on what could cause this example of "skipping voice"? So far this is has been an isolated incident, but I still would like to find out how it happened...<br><br>(plz download and play the following)<br>http://jason.bernardo.com/vm.wav<br><br>For those without speakers, i-i-i-it k-k-k-kinda s-s-s-sounds l-l-l-like t-t-t-this.<br><br>System Info:<br>Unity 3.0.3 w/Exchange 5.5<br>(Dual 1.3GHZ proc's & 1GB RAM)<br>TSP 3.0.4<br>CallManager 3.1.2c<br><br>Thanks in advance!<br>-J<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Skipping voice recording

That's bizarre. I have heard some "skipped" or "choppy" messages before, but they don't usually repeatedly skip and stutter like this (remember Max Headroom?). My first thought was that there was some delay in either the RTP stream being sent or processed in the network layer on the Unity box, but I don't see the pattern that I usually see when there is a network or processing delay. I loaded the file into a binary editor and there is a pattern that would show up if for instance there were delays in receiving successive packets (or groups of packets) of the RTP stream. That pattern's just not there. Besides that pattern would conicide with a portion(s) of silence either inserted around or overwriting the original speech.

All I can say is that it "looks" like the reason why this audio stream was recorded this way was because it was sent to Unity this way. Without serious sniffer traces of the incoming RTP stream (both from the Unity box itself and from a monitored switch port) we couldn't tell exactly why this happened.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content