Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow cut through inbound and outbound with IP Phone

2rgrobla
Level 1
Level 1

If an external Phone is calling an IP Phone the following happens:

After it rings on the IP Phone and the user goes off hook, he can't hear anything for approximately 2-3 seconds.

After this time the call will be established and all works fine.

Any idea for this delay ?

5 Replies 5

droessler
Level 1
Level 1

Try upgrading the firmware loads on your phones. Also, take a look at the 'network settings' on the ip phone and see if option 34 is Forwadring Delay YES. THis is part of CSCds20015 -Cisco IP Phone 7960 P3 port does not forward for first 9 seconds after linkup.

I do not know if this will help, but perhaps its worth a look.

Hi there,

how can I change option 34 on the IP-Phones because it is set to NO and no EDIT button appears. I've got CCM 3.011 installation and I don't know wich firmware version I can use. Thanks for your help!

Michael

Where you able to get the issue resolved? Also, I know its probly a moot question, however, are you running STP on the switch ports that your phones connect to? Thsi may help troubleshoot also: If no, you may want to. If yes, check the STP forward delay on all your VLANs.

Maybe this is pointing you in a new direction for a troubleshooting path, however it may help out...

billbaker
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have a dial-peer statement like "req-qos guaranteed-delay" ? If so try removing it and see if the delay continues. If the delay goes away take a close look at your RSVP configuration.

Hope this helps.

j.ayres
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this a number of times, most recently on a VG200 with E1 PRI as an H.323 gateway to CallManager 3.0(11).

The resolution was to upgrade the gateway to 12.2(5) and set the global command: voice rtp send-recv

See:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fvvfax_r/vrf_t.htm

This version of code also solved our echo problem!

Justin