Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

slow failover

i just added a 2nd call manager for redundancy. when i stop the call processing service on cm 1 and it takes the phones about 2 minutes to register with the 2nd call mgr. when i come back in the opposite direction, the phones register back with cm 1 in about 2 seconds, which is what i would expect. does anyone have any idea why the phones are taking 2 minutes in the first failover scenario ?

the phones show both call mgr's as active and standby in the settings table.

2 REPLIES

Re: slow failover

i have had the same issue in the past......what I have done to remedy this in the past is to change your call manager group configuration around so that ALL your devices register to the subscriber instead of the publisher. Then try your test. you will see a HUGE difference in the time it takes for the devices to failover. Why you ask? Not sure myself but this is the way the design guide wants you to do it. Good luck!

Re: slow failover

thanks for the reply. i agree with you about the design guide, in fact that's the way i will ultimately deploy it. just didn't expect to see such a slow failover going from pub to subscriber. i've done this in the past and had no such problem. was wondering why this is happening.

Views
Helpful
Replies