Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Slow to release Unity ports

We recently upgraded to version 2.4.6.161 from 2.4.6.135. The version of Callmanager is 3.1(1). After the upgrade, everything works fine but one thing. When an outside caller calls in and dials a subscriber's extension, the call is transferred to the subscriber okay. If the subscriber does not pick up the phone, his voicemail kicks in. If the caller decides to hang up or after he leaves a message, the port continues to stay open until the time I have set up in Unity admin to restrict the max. time alloted for voice messages (5 min). We have 8 ports of voicemail. If you listen to the message, you can hear when the caller hung up and after a while you get the prerecorded operator message from the telco company that you should hang and try the call again. The problem only occurs on the first port. If the first port is being used and a second caller calls in, the call, ie. the port will terminate after the the caller hangs up or the subscriber's greeting has finished. It does not wait for the five minutes. I thought it was the TSP which was 3.0.0.7 but I upgraded to 3.0.4. The problem still exists. <br><br>Any suggestion??<br><br>Thanks everyone...<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Slow to release Unity ports

What kind of gateway (i.e digital, analog, FXO, PRI, T1) you have on the CallManager side? Does this only happen for external calls?

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

FXO ports on the Call Manager side. It only happens for external calls

Gold

Are you using FXO or FXO-M1? We probably aren't getting positive disconnect from the gateway. I bet you will have the same problem if you call and IP phone from the outside (taking Unity out of the picture) and don't hang up. Can you test this please?

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content