Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Slq Service "Optimization for CIPT" makes ccm service to go down

Hi all, we are having problems with a sql job that starts every day at 2:00 am. While this job is running, the ccm service goes down. This job runs for about 20 minutes. We have to start the ccm manually to get the system working again. Any idea?

We are running CCM 4.1

Thanks in advance.

Gastón.

6 REPLIES

Re: Slq Service "Optimization for CIPT" makes ccm service to go

Can you give a little more input on the SQL job and why is it running? If you are not familiar with what the job is then you should check BARS to see if that is running at that period. If so what version of BARS? Currently BARS is up to 4.0(10). This could be a bug in your BARS version.

Thanks

Fred

(Please rate the posts)

Community Member

Hi Fred and thanks for your reply.

I don't know why this job is running, but I think it is a job that runs on every CCM installation (I have to check it but I am 90% sure)

The job's name or description that appears in the Enterprise Manager is: “Optimization for CIPT”.

We have done some troubleshooting, one of our actions was to change the default schedule (1am) for this job to 2 am, and notice that the CCM service change its down time. After that test, we are sure that there is a relationship between the sql job and the CCM service going down. I think it may be a bug, but I need to be sure.

Thanks again.

Gastón.

Blue

the CIPT Optimization job clearly should not be bringing down CCM service.

i would verify the CCM SR for your 4.1.

also, check the SQL SR installed. i would update the SQL SR first if it's required. should be SR4 for SQL 2000, minimum, for use with CCM 4.1x

Community Member

Hi!, A little more detail about software versions.

CCM:

CCM System Version: 4.1(3)sr1

CCM Adm. Version: 4.1(0.11)

CCM Instll. ID: 4.1(3)sr1

SQL:

SQL: 8.00.760

SQL-DMO Version: 8.00.02

ODBC Version: 03.52.0000

Thanks a lot

Hey guys looks like another post references the job you speak off. Your problem might be related to this. Check out this post.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dda2f0c

Thanks

Fred

(Please rate the posts)

Community Member

Hi Fred, I think we are talking about other thing.

We have a service going down because of a SQL job. In the post I see that there were a problem with the same job, but not the same problem.

Anyway, I will check if the database is referenced as it should be.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content