Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Small glitch with CiscoIPPhoneDirectory

I'm running CCM 3.2(2c). I'm running a custom phone directory on a 7960 with device load P00303020214.

The (minor) problem is when I list 32 entries (the max per page for my directory), I see a 33rd line on the phone named Dial, with no number. It just so happens that I have a custom softkey in the first position named Dial. In trouble shooting, I removed that softkey. Then the 33rd entry was named Back (my custom softkey in position2) with a phone number of the URL assigned to that softkey.

I should say that the directory, along with all softkeys, work fine, and the XML output viewed through a web browser looks good. Selecting the 33rd entry to dial does nothing. It is purely a cosmetic bug. I even tried moving the softkey definitions to before the entry listings and got the same result. At this point, I'm assuming it's a bug in the XML browser on this device load, but if anyone can confirm this, or let me know what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it.

Community Member

Re: Small glitch with CiscoIPPhoneDirectory

Check to insure that you are running the most up-to-date phone load, and if so you might want to open a TAC case on the phone load, or a Developer Services case if this is being found during custom development.

Community Member

Re: Small glitch with CiscoIPPhoneDirectory

I had exactly the same problem!

The way I found to solve this bug was to show only 31 entries in the directory.

That way, there is no 32nd entry with the 'Dial' text in it.

(weird, isn't it?)

By the way... does anyone know whether this is a known bug?

CreatePlease to create content