Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Blue

Small Office Hunt Group

I was just curious to see how everyone is handling small office's. With CallManagers limited Hunt Group functionality I am constantly running into issues with small office call routing. These are offices without a receptionist and multiple offices (all phones are within the same office so the pickup group option is not working very well). At Berbee we have an xml hunt group application that will ring multiple (non shared line) phones. However, for these small sites purchasing the xml app and server are out of the question. For a small site with 4 Pots lines and all 7940 phones I can come up with the follwing ways to route a call:

1. Plar/Attendant DN to a single shared second line on all phones.

- Drawback:Once the first call comes in the second call can only be answered by the phone that picked up the second call (CallWaiting)

2. Pilot/Point Hunt Group that contains all the phones in the office. Place all phones in a pick up group so that if no one is at the phone that is ringing someone can pick it up.

- Drawback:If the phone that is ringing can't be heard obviously no one in the pickup group will hear it.

3. Plar/AttendantDN to a single extension that has CFB/CFNA to another phone, which CFB/CFNA's to another, phone, etc.

- Drawback:Caller has to listen to as many rings as it takes to get to a person

Anyway just curious to see how people are handling it because it is getting annoying. I know Cisco is looking into expanding the hunt group functionality and it can't come soon enough.

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Small Office Hunt Group

You're right, there is no good solution to this problem as CallManager stands today.

CallManager 4.0 is going to solve this problem. What we're supposed to see is shared lines that can take up to (last I heard) 16 simultaneous calls, with configurable simultaneous ring and other usability on all sets even when one or more of the phones using that line are off hook, so you won't have "remote in use" lockout. So, we can basically replicate broadcast ring as done on legacy PBXes.

Last I heard it was actually going to ship in December - I think Q1 2004 is more likely based on the rumors I'm hearing, but who knows? We could get a pleasant holiday suprise. :)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content