cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Snapshot Directory Permissions

steve0216
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having events show up in my Application log saying that the *.txt files that are located in the snaphot directory for file replication purposes "do not have the same structure" - and I have seen this problem intermitently throughout the environment. This is concerning ver. 3.1.5 - failover, with Exchange off-box: What troubles me is the fact that we locked down the NTFS permissions, in place on the files themselves - but to the "authenticated users" group, as opposed to the "everyone" group - which in my mind shouldn't cause any issues - especially considering that the installation itself awards the Unity Installation account permissions on the share. The other aspect of this which troubles me, is the fact that I have 5 other servers in the environment which have identical security configurations, and no troubles... I was wondering if anyone could explain the file replication sequence to me - and who, as far as user accounts would be accessing the snapshot share / why this problem might be occuring:

Cheers;

And thanks in advance for your assistance in this matter:

1 Reply 1

afuller
Level 4
Level 4

The filesystem structure of your Commserver directory doesn't match between the two servers--specifically check the Stream Files directory. Someone's probably made a folder in there on one of the servers. CSCdx47245.

adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: