Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

SNMP and CCM 3.09

I have a CCM 3.09 and want to change the SNMP variables. In the service parameters, I see "EnableSNMP" variable set to True but I don't see any variables that I can change for the SNMP strings. ANd a better question is...how do i enable CWSI support on CCM without having to reinstall and check the CWSI little box? Any help would be REALLY appreciated.

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: SNMP and CCM 3.09

I ran into the same thing and ended up having to reinstall and choose that option.

Community Member

Is this what you are looking for?

During installation of Cisco CallManager, the installation program normally prompts you to enter CiscoWorks2000 server information (for example, hostname or IP address). You can skip this step during installation and add the information later by modifying the contents of the file SAenvProperties.ini, located in \Program Files\Cisco\Bin. Set the SAC_SERVER and BINDNAME to the CiscoWorks2000 server.

The contents of the SAenvProperties.ini file are as follows:

FILE= /var/log/syslog_info

SAC_PORT = 514

SAC_SERVER=yourserver.your_domain

SAC_SERVER_PORT = 42342

VERSION = 1.1

BINDNAME =yourserver::SaReceiver

DEBUG_LEVEL=4

SA_APP_NAME=SyslogAnalyser

Community Member

Thanks.....TAC gave me the same answer....I'll try it out....

Community Member

that little cwsi check box only configures SYSLOG setup for CWSI (so you can get messages in the Resource Manager Syslog collector) -- but for SNMP it appears that cisco uses the Windows SNMP agent to do it's dirty work -- so try this when you have a maintenance window -- or on your test system:

Go to Administrative tools, Services, SNMP service (it should be started, automatic) -- then open PROPERTIES for it.

You should see tabs for Security (community Strings), Traps (where to send traps), and Agent (which lets you add location and contact fields)...

You might have to restart the service for it to take effect...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content