Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP on SIP-trunk

Hi all

I'm trying to get SNMP to tell me if a SIP-trunk on CUBE goes down, and get back up again.

Look aside from the physical interface i want to know if the next call leg is available.

CUCM -> SIP -> CUBE -> SIP -> PSTN

The CUBE does have ISDN as an alternative route if the SIP-trunk to the provider fails. The ISDN has been widely used without me being able to se why. This goes for both incoming and outgoing calls.
Now i want to see if SIP is telling me something i don't see.

All the traps i've set in CUBE works just fine:

snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkdown linkup coldstart warmstart
snmp-server enable traps envmon
snmp-server enable traps entity-sensor threshold
snmp-server enable traps memory bufferpeak
snmp-server enable traps cpu threshold
snmp-server enable traps voice poor-qov

Would adding   "snmp-server enable traps voice fallback" do the trick? Or is there some other trap that would help me out? I can't find anything that makes sense to me.

/Tony

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES

I am watching mrtg graf from

I am watching mrtg graf from the physical interface CUBE -> SIP -> PSTN

Hi Tagir

Hi Tagir I'm not looking for the physical interface but what SIP (options and keep alives) are telling me. The physical interface never goes down but still every now and then the calls are routed in and out AAR (the alternative route on ISDN). I want to know, without debugging the CUBE to death, what happens. Isn't there an SNMP trap to tell me that? There must be a way to gather the same information that SIP uses to determene that the next call leg is dead and decides to use the alternative route. /Tony
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content