Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SoftKey Differences

I'm experiencing differences in functionality of SoftKeys between the "CiscoIPPhoneImage" document and the "CiscoIPPhoneImageFile" one.

Basically, when I use a SoftKey:Exit on the former, it exits up only one level, whereas on the latter, it exits completely to the Services main menu.

I seem to receive similar functionality as the second type on CiscoIPPhoneText too.

Can anyone tell me if this is expected, and if so, why would this functionality be different, and can I change it?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Regards,

Darren.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: SoftKey Differences

All of the elements are using the same Exit softkey. The difference is how they are used in an application, specifically with regards to the content expiration header.

The phone will push each page onto it's history stack, similar to how browsers work, except that the phone does not expire pages, it only considers the expiration date of a page when it was initially requested.

If you include something like the following:

Response.Expires = -1;

on each page, then any time the Exit softkey is pressed, the user will be returned to the Services menu (if the Service was called from the Services menu).

See this link for additional details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guide_chapter09186a008040575b.html#wp1030621

Re: SoftKey Differences

Excellent, thanks for that. The thought never even crossed my mind. Must admit, I don't remember seeing that document you linked too. Perhaps I did, but forgot... I always try and read all the documentation three times before posting :).

Anyway, I should get time to try this on Thursday, but looks like it should work fine.

Thanks once again.

Darren.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content