Views
Helpful
Replies

SoftPhone 1.3

gmen1667
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings

I am planning to purchase/install Softphone for our CM system and was wanting some thoughts from anyone who has installed it, used it, or had any types of problems with it. My CM version is 3.2(1)

I have downloaded and read the Softphone Admin, User, and Quickstart guide but I am curious to know if anyone ran into any problems while using it or have any horror stories about it. Any tips anyone has not in the PDF's I downloaded would be greatly appreciated.

I plan to install Softphone onto my laptop and go from there. Is there a particular model of headset I should get?

Anything else I missed, please feel free to reply.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

cairns-a
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CM 3.1 and the softphone 1.3. I love the softphone. I use it at work and at home. It works great over the VPN with cable modem. It is pretty easy to install and use.

As far as headsets, I tried several. Some cheap and some expensive. The one I found I really like is the Plantronics DSP300 ($89). This is a USB headset and works great. It allows you to adjust the volume for the mic and ear better than using you volume on the laptop.

Here is a link for it.

http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/catalog/display_product_detail.jhtml?rootId=cat640035&prodId=prod440040&productTypeId=cat1430032

Trae

I am trying to get this same setup going and have the following issue:

Softphone works fine behind the firewall. When I VPN(which works fine) I can get dial tone but do not have incoming and outgoing audio (except for dialtone?) The phone does dial and otherwise work properly. Sound on the speakers/mic work fine outside of Softphone

I feel that i am missing something small here if dialtone is coming through?

I had the same problem when I used the vpn. The vpn will give you a IP address. I am assuming this is not the same as you laptop. You need to go into the settings on the softphone. Go to the Audio tab, then Network Audio Settings. In the IP Address Setting use Specify Address. Put the IP address you are given by your vpn client. Also in the Audio tab check the Always use low bandwidth codec.

Hope this helps.

Trae

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: