Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

softphone directories and IP Address

Hello,

When I'm running the softphone i note that directories doesn't appear and my PC address doesn't appear in : network audio settings --> Automatic Selection

i just find :

Automatic selection --> empty

URL address --> /../getIP.asp

select address --> my PC address

and when i click ok in the same window , the following error message appears:

" Unable to get IP Address from Automatic Selection URL. Please verify Network Audio Settings. Make sure your internet connection (including VPN) is successfully setup before lancing Cisco IP Softphone "

FYI: i havn't VPN connection

How and Where exactely in Callmanager can i fix this issue

Any help will be very appreciated

Thanks a lot

Zahida

2 REPLIES

Re: softphone directories and IP Address

In Preferences, did you enter username and password on the User and Directories tabs?

Brandon

Cisco Employee

Re: softphone directories and IP Address

The getip.asp is used when you have a VPN connection to get the outside address of the PC running Softphone. The getip.asp will reside on a server at your corporate site and you populate the URL in the URL Address section. If you are not having one way audio issues then having your address show in the Select Address box is fine. This has nothing to do with using directories but is only for the IP Address that the audio stream termintes to. More info can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps1860/products_tech_note09186a0080094ed1.shtml

This URL provides the steps to setup the directories on Sofphone:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps1860/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800b42b8.html#1021094

If you are not seeing anything returned from a search then you have something misconhfigured on this page. You can use Sniffer or Ethereal to capture the packets of a search to help troubleshoot the issue.

There is nothing in CCM to control either of these functions.

Kevin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content