Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SoftPhone does not work over Wireless

Hi,

I have a strange problem with SoftPhone over Aironet connection.

When my laptop running SoftPhone on a wired connection everything works normally. I can make calls with softphone and both parties hear each other.

The problem is the following:

When the laptop is connected over wireless (Cisco 350 AP, Cisco 350 Card) the laptop user does not receive any sound from the other party.

(It does not receive any packets according to WinXP connection status.)

The laptop users's voice is carried over the network without problem, so the connection is a one way connection.

I have no routing problems. Both wired and wireless connections are in the same subnet, the laptop over wireless still able to connect to every network node.

Any suggestions?

I'm using CM 3.2(3) and Softphone 1.3(3).

3 REPLIES

Re: SoftPhone does not work over Wireless

I am using softphone over my wireless. I have a 1200 AP and a 350 card. Works great. Make sure under the settings, audio, network audio settings you have the correct IP address of your wireless card.

Hope this helps.

Trae

Thanks,

That was the problem.

Attila

If you use the Automatic Selection it should select the correct IP address when you go either wired or wireless. That is if you loaded the software from a server.

Views
Helpful
Replies