cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Softphone External One-Way Audio

l_scott
Level 1
Level 1

When calling out on a softphone, I cannot seem to get audio to work on my end during an external phone call. You can hear the other person but no matter what, they cannot hear me. The call does not drop at all.

Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have more than 1 ip address on your pc. If you do which one is the softphone using. Make sure the gateway can ping the address that sofphone is using. In softphone go to settings -> audio -> network audio settings. This is where you can see what address softphone is using and select another one if you need to.

Thank you,

-Mckee

The pc only has 1 ip address and I checked the ip address in network audio settings and it is the same as the pc. I was able to ping the ip address from the gateway also.

Thanks,

LScott

If you are using a VPN to connect, you might have problems. Either way, a good tool to use is getip.asp. You point towards that script and it will automatically update softphone with your current IP address.

Where is getip.asp located?

If you have some kinda sniffer program you may want to try and get a sniffer trace from the pc just to see if he is transmitting rtp packets. If he is then were is he transmitting them to?

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

I have run sniffer to see where the packets are being sent. When packets travel out from the softphone, they route to the isa server. When packets are sent from the external phone, they route from the voice gateway to the softphone. Any idea on how to reroute the outgoing packets?

Thanks,

Looks like the issue has been resolved. Turns out to be a firewall client issue. Once the client was disabled, the softphone had audio capabilities for external calling. Thanks for the help.

l_scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: