Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoftPhone hangs on startup...TAPI error??

I have some users who have started experiencing the following...any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated!

The users softphone hangs on startup, the splash screen freezes with "Initializing Telephony Subsystem". The phone comes up but with no lines to control. The softphone eventually goes into a "not responding" mode and must be closed via task manager.

In reviewing the tracefile, I am seeing the following message:

------------ Fri May 12 07:22:57 2006

07:22:57.024 : ( 600) SIG : : TapiProvider : TapiProvider-727:initializeTAPI : initializing TAPI

07:22:57.024 : ( 600) EE : : TapiProvider : SynchTapi.Initialize

07:22:57.024 : ( 600) EE : : SoftphoneTapiObj.dll : CTapiObject::Initialize()

07:22:57.024 : ( 600) EE : : TapiProvider : SynchTapi.~Initialize : returning -2147467259

07:22:57.024 : ( 600) SIG : : TapiProvider : TapiProvider-727.initializeTAPI() : could not initialize TAPI ! CLOSE ALL OTHER TAPI APPLICATIONS

I have tried all the basic stuff, un-install and re-install, delete and rebuild the CCM software for the SoftPhone, move to a different ethernet port, and use my credentials for login but nothing seems to resolve. I also have other users whos phones work flawlessly, so I suspect somthing common on the laptops?

Any thoughts on what I can further check to resolve?

Responses are greatly appreciated!!!

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: SoftPhone hangs on startup...TAPI error??

I dunno which Sophtphone you are using but you could start checking this:

- Check other programs that may utilize TAPI

- Check the Eventviewer

- Check you Windows Firewall/Update your windows

Hmmm...nothing in the event viewer, Windows firewall is disabled. Updating windows isn't really an option on these laptops.

Silver

I'm well past the admin guide at this point, but thanks anyway.

Silver

I think they meant to refer you to the troubleshooting section at the end, just to double check steps.

Mary Beth

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content