Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Softphone has slow dialout on long numbers

Hi, im running cm 3.3.3 sr2 and softphone 1.3.3 and have a small problem. when dialing a local number 0+8 digits it works fine. But when i dial 0 + int. access codes and numbers the softphone plays the "i'm ready" tone for about 16 seconds and then sends the call to the H323 gateway. It has this behavior when i'm dialing from Cisco Desktop agent, outlook contacts, microsoft dialer and the softphone directly. When i dial from a hardphone the call goes through with no problems. Has anyone an idea of what could wrong ?. The problem is the same on both W2K and XP

Thanks

Tim

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Softphone has slow dialout on long numbers

Try hitting the # key after dialing the password.

It may be the routing issue.Please check out from your pc.Ping the call manager and other device and see how much the time delay.

the network was the first thing i looked at, but no problems here. I still got the problem even when im on the same switch as the callmanager. I have the problem on two installations, and it is only on numbers longer than 1+8 (national lenght).

When i use an # at the end it works like a charm ???

It looks like that your Route pattern are overlapping. Please look into it and found out. I know it works with IP phone but not with Softphone. But it looks like it is waiting for digits to be completed.

Views
Helpful
Replies