Views
Helpful
Replies

SoftPhone - multiple lines, mic level

8mliebscher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have some difficulties with the SoftPhone.

1. i want to use my SoftPhone for standalone and define 6 lines under Phone Configuration. i can choose every one but no more than 1 line at the same time. If i choose 2, i get the error "could not open address". If i control a real IP Phone, i can control 6 lines without problems (SoftPhone V1.1 and CCM 3.0.(9).

2. Always, when i start SoftPhone the recordlevel goes from max to min and i have to gain the level manually. I use WinNT4 Sp4 and a Soundblaster Card. When i logged on as local Admin it works well. Is there any solution for a user account?

Thanks for any help!

Martin

4 Replies 4

aliao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think I can answer the first one. You should check how many lines the TAPI driver is setup to control. The default is 5 but maybe you changed it.

Hi Andy,

thanks for your reply. My goal is to use the SoftPhone in conjunction with the WebAttendant without IP Phone 7960. I try with 2 Lines without success. I define the 2 Lines under Phone Config (Model=CTI Port). In the WebAttendant i see the 2 SL´s. When I choose the 2 Lines i get the error message: Could not open address. Also i try to stop and start the telefon service before starting Softphone.

Is this the parameter you mean: Cisco IP PBX Service Provider -> Config -> Desired number of possible Automated Voice lines:5 ? I try with 2 Lines :-(

Just an advisory, WebAttendant requires a hard phone. It will not function with the IP Softphone, unless Cisco has changed something that I am not aware of.

Thanks for your hint!

I overlook a detail that i use for every line an extra cti port. It´s not possible to add a line for the softphone in the phone config by clicking "click to add".

I try both, a second cti port for the same softphone and a second line in the first phone config with the same DN - you see the hint shared line - and i can phone over two lines in the webattendant with a small limitation. Thats my experience.