Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SoftPhone - multiple lines, mic level

Hi,

i have some difficulties with the SoftPhone.

1. i want to use my SoftPhone for standalone and define 6 lines under Phone Configuration. i can choose every one but no more than 1 line at the same time. If i choose 2, i get the error "could not open address". If i control a real IP Phone, i can control 6 lines without problems (SoftPhone V1.1 and CCM 3.0.(9).

2. Always, when i start SoftPhone the recordlevel goes from max to min and i have to gain the level manually. I use WinNT4 Sp4 and a Soundblaster Card. When i logged on as local Admin it works well. Is there any solution for a user account?

Thanks for any help!

Martin

4 REPLIES

Re: SoftPhone - multiple lines, mic level

Hi,

I think I can answer the first one. You should check how many lines the TAPI driver is setup to control. The default is 5 but maybe you changed it.

Hi Andy,

thanks for your reply. My goal is to use the SoftPhone in conjunction with the WebAttendant without IP Phone 7960. I try with 2 Lines without success. I define the 2 Lines under Phone Config (Model=CTI Port). In the WebAttendant i see the 2 SL´s. When I choose the 2 Lines i get the error message: Could not open address. Also i try to stop and start the telefon service before starting Softphone.

Is this the parameter you mean: Cisco IP PBX Service Provider -> Config -> Desired number of possible Automated Voice lines:5 ? I try with 2 Lines :-(

Just an advisory, WebAttendant requires a hard phone. It will not function with the IP Softphone, unless Cisco has changed something that I am not aware of.

Thanks for your hint!

I overlook a detail that i use for every line an extra cti port. It´s not possible to add a line for the softphone in the phone config by clicking "click to add".

I try both, a second cti port for the same softphone and a second line in the first phone config with the same DN - you see the hint shared line - and i can phone over two lines in the webattendant with a small limitation. Thats my experience.

Views
Helpful
Replies