cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

softphone (one way audio only)

zulfi
Level 1
Level 1

I'm only getting one way audio with Softphone, is there any setting that I need to do to fix it. Sound card is fine since I get the dial tone before I dial. Softphone ver 1.3(2a) with CM 3.1.

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

walshda
Level 1
Level 1

I get the same thing sometimes with CCM 3.2c and softphone version 1.3(2a) whether or not I am on a vpn. I would be curious as to a remedy to this.

gillins
Level 1
Level 1

you need to make sure you have run the soft phone admin so the getip.asp gets installed. then in the audio settings fill in the url that will get to the getip.asp file. basically the probelm stems from the control portion contacting callmanager but reports an ip address that the audio can not return back to the soft phone.

hope this helps

scott

electro22
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem when i am being NAT'd. Go into the advanced audio settings of you softphone settings. There is a drop down box that lets you select an IP address. Be sure that is a valid IP (your external IP if you are being NAT'd)..

-Jaret

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: