Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

SoftPhone via VPN Client w/DSL

I have successfully setup a 7960 and a SoftPhone via a 3002 concentrator, but I have been unable to get the SoftPhone to work behind a VPN Client running on a DSL connection. Has anyone else gotten the SoftPhone to work on a system running the VPN Client through a DSL connection? I am thinking that it has something to do with either the NAT or the processor (P-II 366). I receive dial-tone and can hear the connection establishing, but then after it indicates that the call is connected, it just goes into a blackhole.

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: SoftPhone via VPN Client w/DSL

I am using it. In the CM, the IP add. of the softphone, does it match the IP add. of the PC? If yes, does the Softphone Network Audio setting match that IP add. of the Notebook? Also, what is your VPN device on the CM side? If it is a PIX, try to use "no fixup protocol skinny". Softphone use TAPI/JTAPI = TCP 2748 and for VoIP media stream = UDP 16384-32767

Community Member

I have it working on my cable connection. If you here one way audio your problem is an incorrect IP address on the IP Softphone. double click your vpn dialer and find what IP address you have been assigned. Once you have that open up the softphone click on settings and then audio, click network audio setting check secify address and put in the address that is in your vpn dialer.

you should be all set.

Community Member

Here are the settings.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/sp_vpn.html

-Amisha

Cisco Systems

Community Member

That solved my problem. It was registering with the IP address of the broadband/analog connection and not the VPN IP address. Thank you everyone!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content