Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SoftPhone via VPN Client

I have successfully setup a 7960 and a SoftPhone via a 3002 concentrator, but I have been unable to get the SoftPhone to work behind a VPN Client running on a DSL connection. Has anyone else gotten the SoftPhone to work on a system running the VPN Client through a DSL connection? I am thinking that it has something to do with either the NAT or the processor (P-II 366). I receive dial-tone and can hear the connection establishing, but then after it indicates that the call is connected, it just goes into a blackhole.

Thanks

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: SoftPhone via VPN Client

I'm not a VoIP guru by any means but some things to check is you software version on the 3005. Is it at least 3.5.2?

For some reason, I thought that this was the Voice over IP forum. Sorry for the misplacement of this question.

you have a problem with this vpn rules in the 3002

we have softphones working great through netscreen ras and netscreen clients , the rules and vpn configuration are much easyer and friendly.

the TAPI working for cisco softphone need several ports to establish a connection after the initial signaling to the call-manager

Views
Helpful
Replies