cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SoftPhone via VPN Client

tdeboard
Level 1
Level 1

I have successfully setup a 7960 and a SoftPhone via a 3002 concentrator, but I have been unable to get the SoftPhone to work behind a VPN Client running on a DSL connection. Has anyone else gotten the SoftPhone to work on a system running the VPN Client through a DSL connection? I am thinking that it has something to do with either the NAT or the processor (P-II 366). I receive dial-tone and can hear the connection establishing, but then after it indicates that the call is connected, it just goes into a blackhole.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

I'm not a VoIP guru by any means but some things to check is you software version on the 3005. Is it at least 3.5.2?

tdeboard
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason, I thought that this was the Voice over IP forum. Sorry for the misplacement of this question.

korenlev
Level 1
Level 1

you have a problem with this vpn rules in the 3002

we have softphones working great through netscreen ras and netscreen clients , the rules and vpn configuration are much easyer and friendly.

the TAPI working for cisco softphone need several ports to establish a connection after the initial signaling to the call-manager