Views
Helpful
Replies

Softphones LAN QoS

n.khwaja
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'll appreciate if anyone out there could send me a QoS Layer II config when Cisco softphones are being used in a big way with every PC having softphone installed on it.

Thanks

-Tennisman.

2 Replies 2

We also have a large IP Communicator deployment....

Here is a good doc. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5475/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008020ad96.html

Yet i don't know if it is quite enough. Do recall that IP Communicator uses CDP and traffic is automatically marked. You can then trust this marking at the switch and router and treat it appropriately when going out over your WAN etc.

Another thing to remember (as many forget) is that since the IP Phone will strip all CoS from the PC and remark its own traffic....if you are doing this as a sample or test environment, you must not have IP Communicators on PC's running behind phones. It will defeat the purposes of the Communicator's traffic marking.

Hope it helps.

Jan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: