Cisco Support Community
Community Member

SoftPhones not longer working

I have been beating my head against the software brick wall with the 1.3.3 softphone. It used to work when we had a Call Manager 3.2.x, but now with either my MCS7825 CM at 3.3.2spC or my ICS7750 CM at 3.3.3, I can not get the softphone to register. I have uninstalled everything at least twice on the pc and still there is no registration with Call manager. I followed the definition of the CTI Port for the softphone to the letter in the documentation, defining the association with a user and yes the password on the phone is the same as in call manager.

I have read through all of the troubleshooting documents I can find and still nothing.

Any constructive suggestions or hidden documents are appreciated.

Community Member

Re: SoftPhones not longer working

There is no hidden documentation. do you have this problem with one PC or every PC? you can create anyother user and create a softphone and than test. If not than goto control center and restart CTI manager. That should help you. Can you ping the call manager from your computer? If yes than you should not have any problem.

Community Member

Re: SoftPhones not longer working

This may not be your problem - but just in case... :-)

We had a similar issue going to 3.3(3) and in our case it turned out that we had not updated the local clients to the newest TSP on the CallManager plugins page. Frankly - we had gotten away without doing this before - not intentionally - just out of forgetfulness - but this time we were dead in the water until the local clients has the new TSP...

That may or may not help you but it helped us :-)

- Ken Johnson

Mgr Network Services

LeTourneau University

Join fellow IP Telephony users at the 2003 Cisco IP Telephony Users Group (CIPTUG) conference in Dallas, TX - Oct. 6-8.

Visit to register or for more information

CreatePlease to create content